If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. This policy may be changed from time to time by updating this page. We suggest you should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 19/12/12.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information about jobs you have previously applied to
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- information about your use of this website
What we do with the information
We collect this information to help us provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- For the purpose of vetting your application for job vacancies
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You may opt-out from receiving such messages from us at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word ‘UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING MAILERS’ in the subject or by writing to the address below. All marketing messages sent to you by us will contain a statement re-iterating these instructions as to how to opt-out.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will always ask for your prior consent before disclosing your personal information to 3rd party clients for the purpose of presenting you for a job vacancy.
Unless we have your prior consent, we shall not sell, rent, trade or share any personal information which we hold except that:
- We may disclose information which is held by us where required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings;
- We may disclose personal information to our legal, accounting, marketing or other professional advisers, our website hosts and our courier, postal or transport providers (names and addresses only in the latter case).
- We may disclose information to other companies in our company group from time to time.
- We will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes noted above.
To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
Please note that the Internet is not a completely secure medium. When submitting personal information to us using the Internet, your details may not be secure from access by third parties. The submission of personal information to us using the Internet is therefore made at your own risk.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Clyde Marine Recruitment Ltd Head Office Mariner House Watermark Business Park 355 Govan Road Glasgow G51 2SE Tel: +44 (0) 141 427 6886 Email: email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.