These terms and conditions govern the Clyde Marine Recruitment Photography Competition 2022. The competition organisers are Clyde Marine Recruitment. By accepting the Terms & Conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with Clyde Marine Recruitment.
The organisers reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
- By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
- If you are selected as a winner, or commended photographer, you agree to cooperate fully with reasonable publicity, and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity. For example, the publication of photograph(s) in our 2023 calendar, published on our blog and use across social media.
- The competition is open to all CMR Registered seafarers, except those directly involved with judging the competition (including their families and relatives).
- If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
- The closing date for submissions is 26thth September 2022. All submissions received after this time will not be eligible. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
- The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
- Your entry must be submitted digitally via the process outlined on our website. No other forms of entry will be accepted.
BY SUBMITTING IMAGES TO THIS COMPETITION, EACH ENTRANT CONFIRMS AND WARRANTS THAT:
- They are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
- They own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- They have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Clyde Marine Recruitment and will indemnify Clyde Marine Recruitment against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
- They have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Clyde Marine Recruitment
- They have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Clyde Marine Recruitment and will indemnify Clyde Marine Recruitment (CMR) against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
WHAT TO ENTER
- Photographs must be a minimum 1MB – maximum 5MB file. A resolution of 300 dpi is preferred.
- A maximum of four entries may be entered per applicant and you may distribute these amongst the categories however you wish. No single image may be entered into more than one of the categories.
- An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in such a way that any law may have been breached or it has been otherwise taken in an irresponsible way.
- CMR reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
- A panel of Judges will select images based upon diversity, originality and creativity of composition.
- The Judging panel will be comprised of selected Clyde Marine Recruitment team members. Judges will assess entries to establish category winners and commended photographers, and collectively agree on the overall competition winner.
- Digital adjustments are acceptable; however, the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be considered when judging the entry. Cropping is allowed.
- The decision of the organisers is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
- The organisers may also share short-listed photographs across their social media channels and ask followers to vote on their favourite to help aid the judge’s decisions.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
- Judges will choose the winner and commended photographers.
- All winning images will be displayed in an online gallery and featured in our 2023 calendar.
- The overall winners will be announced in October.
- By entering the competition, you grant CMR a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives.
- This licence is valid to the end of 2023
- We will keep your contact details on our secure database to enable us to use your images and send you information about future photography competitions, and any other information about Clyde Marine Recruitment.
- We value your support and do not pass on information about you to any group or individual outside CMR.
- You can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by emailing email@example.com.
INDEMNITY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Clyde Marine Recruitment excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Clyde Marine Recruitment’s liability for death or personal injury arising from Clyde Marine Recruitment own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
- You agree to indemnify Clyde Marine Recruitment and keep Clyde Marine Recruitment indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Clyde Marine Recruitment as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct at the time of writing, Clyde Marine Recruitment reserves the right to change any of it without prior notice.
- By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
- You agree that if you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate with being featured in our 2023 calendar with your name accredited to your photo.