System Engineer – RFA
Published 21st November 2017
We are currently recruiting Systems Engineering Officers / Electro Technical Officers (ETO’s) for the Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA).
Candidates must hold either an ETO CoC or HND/FD in electrical & electronic engineering with 2 years minimum sea service in the role of ships electrician.
Tour to leave ratio: 4 months on with 12 weeks leave.
Salary: Based on Experience
Pension: Civil Service Pension Scheme with an average employer contribution rate of 21%
- Port visits and operational stand-downs worldwide allow you to enjoy downtime in the places you visit
- Mandated and career training courses funded by the RFA
- Express career opportunities (role specific)
Due to Ministry of Defence (MOD) security regulations candidates must comply with one of the following;
- Born in the United Kingdom and hold a UK Passport
- Hold dual nationality and lived in the United Kingdom for at least 5 years (2nd country of origin must not have compulsory national/military service)
- A naturalised citizen of the United Kingdom and held a UK Passport for a minimum of 5 years.
- ETO CoC or HND/FD in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of two years sea going experience in the role of ships electrician
- Unrestricted ENG1
- STCW 2010 refresher training (AFF, EFA, FPFF, PST, PSSR, PSC&RB)
- UK Passport
- Discharge Book
All candidates must hold the following vaccinations however, these are not initially required at the time of applying and are attained during the recruitment process.
- Yellow Fever
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio
- Hepatitis A
- Meningitis C
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella
- Tuberculosis (Mantoux test for candidates under age 35 without a BCG scar or documentary evidence)