We are currently recruiting Motormen for the Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA), who hold an Engine Room Watch Rating Certificate
Tour to leave ratio: 4 months on with 12 weeks leave.
Salary: Based on Experience
Pension: Civil Service Pension Scheme with an average employer contribution rate of 21%
- Port visits and operational stand-downs worldwide allow you to enjoy downtime in the places you visit
- Mandated and career training courses funded by the RFA
- Express career opportunities (role specific)
Due to Ministry of Defence (MOD) security regulations candidates must comply with one of the following;
- Born in the United Kingdom and hold a UK Passport
- Hold dual nationality and lived in the United Kingdom for at least 5 years (2nd country of origin must not have compulsory national/military service)
- A naturalised citizen of the United Kingdom and held a UK Passport for a minimum of 5 years.
ENG1 medical certificate, 2 years unrestricted for worldwide sea service
A STCW 95 Reg 111/4 Engine Room Watch Rating certificate
A level 2 qualification in Engineering, or equivalent
Proof of recent sea experience aboard a Merchant Navy vessel, with at least 6 months of the last 36 months in the Engineering branch.
Four elements of basic training, updated iaw Manila Convention 2010
Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code-Table A-Vl/1-1)
Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code-Table A-Vl/1-2)
Elementary First Aid (STCW Code-Table A-Vl/1-3)
Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code-Table A-Vl/1-4)
All candidates must hold the following vaccinations however, these are not initially required at the time of applying and are attained during the recruitment process.
- Yellow Fever
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio
- Hepatitis A
- Meningitis C
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella
- Tuberculosis (Mantoux test for candidates under age 35 without a BCG scar or documentary evidence).